1. Test fees
The following is the test fee for EACH test taker (to be either paid by the test taker or the organization):
- HK$660- Registration Fee- One TOEFL® ITP tests
- One Score Report (if applicable)
- One TOEFL® ITP tests Certificate (if applicable)
- HK$50Rescheduling Fee (per request)
Re-issuance each additional copy of score report
Re-issuance of a TOEFL® ITP tests certificate
- HK$50Revoke test registration
2. Payment Term & Schedule
- 2.1All test fees must be paid in full before the test.
- 2.2Test fees can be paid by cheque, payable to “Smart Education Co. Ltd.”, and a receipt will be provided to each test taker on request; otherwise the score report and TOEFL® ITP tests certificate will be considered as the payment receipt as well.
3. Information Materials
- 3.1An Examinee Handbook will be given to the organization, and the organization can request additional copies from Smart Education to be given to the test takers. The handbook is designed to provide examinees with information on the test format, including question formats and sample practice questions.
4. Rules and Regulations
- 4.1All test takers must report to the test center at least 15 minutes before the test begins.
- 4.2All test takers must have an acceptable and valid ID with a signature and photograph (e.g. passport, ID card, drivers license) to be admitted to the test center. Identification requirements are strictly enforced.
- 4.3Take 3 or 4 sharpened soft-lead (No. 2 or HB) pencils and a good eraser. Pencils and erasers will not be supplied at the test center. Mechanical pencils and pens are not permitted.
- 4.4No test taker will be admitted after test materials have been distributed.
- 4.5Books, dictionaries, papers, notes, rulers, calculators, watch alarms, mobile phones, listening devices, recording or photographic equipment, highlighters, or aids of any kind are not allowed in the testing room.
- 4.6Paper of any kind is not permitted in the testing room.
- 4.7Test takers must not mark or underline words in the test book or make notes in the test book or on the answer sheet.
- 4.8Test takers must have the test supervisor or proctor’s permission to leave the testing room. Any lost time cannot be made up.
- 4.9There is no scheduled break during the TOEFL® ITP tests. If a test taker must leave the testing room, he/she is required to give the supervisor his/her identification document(s) before the test taker leaves the room. Test taker will not be permitted to make up the time that one loses.
- 4.10At the end of the test, test takers will be required to return their test books and answer sheets to the test supervisor.
- 4.11Smart Education has the final decisions on all aspects of the TOEFL® ITP tests on the test day.
5. Test Results and Certificates
- 5.1Test results will be released within fifteen (15) working days of the test administration.
- 5.2Test-takers who score more than 460 points will receive a TOEFL® ITP tests Certificate (issued by ETS) and a Score Report that have detailed explanation of abilities measured and percentage answered correctly in each skill area.
- 5.3The TOEFL® ITP tests reports are valid for 2 years and can be verified on a global basis.
6. Test Re-schedule
- 6.1If a test taker wants to reschedule his/her test date after registration, the organization must complete a Test Rescheduling Request Form and send it to Smart Education in time to ensure that it is received at least 5 working days before the original test date.
- 6.2The new schedule date must be within 3 months from the original test date.
- 6.3There is a handling charge of HK$50 for each rescheduling request. If a request is not received 5 working days before original test date, it will not be honored and the registration fee will be forfeited.
- 6.4There will be NO refund for test takers who fail to show up for the test and fail to cancel a reservation for the test ONE (1) working day before the test.
- 6.5In cases of illness or other unavoidable reasons where the test taker is unable to take the TOEFL® ITP tests on the test day, he/she must immediately contact the organization. The test taker will be rescheduled to attend the next TOEFL® ITP tests to be conducted on-site.
- 6.6In cases of severe weather conditions (red or black rain warning signal or number 8 or above typhoon signal issued by the Hong Kong Observatory), or if the Hong Kong Education Bureau announces class/public test suspension, Smart Education & the organization will follow the directions given by the EDB and cancel the related TOEFL® ITP tests. Smart Education and the organization will agree on a later date for a make-up test.
- 6.7If under circumstances that cannot be controlled by Smart Education or the organization (such as instances of natural disasters, epidemics, or similar situations), and the organization is forced to suspend the TOEFL® ITP tests and therefore cannot continue the program, Smart Education and the organization must, in their commercially reasonable efforts, negotiate and agree on the number and timing of the make-up tests that must be arranged within one year of the announcement of the suspension (calculated by the month where tests were to be suspended until the same month of the next year).